Wednesday, March 23, 2016

The Amerikana Diner and DIve - PIK


Whatsup! 



I have to admit I am quite a picky brunch eater and I definitely have a hard time looking for a good one here in Jakarta (I have tasted awesomeness over the years and mostly outside Indonesia). Seemingly my favorite area for the past few months I was back in Pantai Indah Kapuk area in search for a good brunch place.

My eyes transfixed to a new café named ‘Amerikana, diner and dive’, the façade was very minimal with a prominent signage that screams ‘we are serving American food, hence the name and as stated, a diner and a dive bar’ and I decided to stop by with finger crossed that I might find some good western food inside.




Located on the same row as Market City and Holy Cow, this café looks straight to the point; it stripped off of any detailed facade and only concentrated on the signage. The interior is black and white dominated décor and yellow lighting gives off a moody ambience (never good for foodie with camera, it could resulted in very dark and yellowish picture)






The signage might say diner but I feel like the place is more towards a sports bar than a family friendly diner I would typically find in America. A bar defines the space with multiple screens around the café that shows sport games that encourages crowds to stay in to watch their favorite match with booze in their hands (or not) and smoke (or not). A friendly reminder that this place doesn’t seem to be kid friendly as the border of smoking or non-smoking area is literally just a foot step away. 


introducing @erikzyy






I was pleasantly surprised by the all day brunch (yay for me!) and other dishes; from Appetizer, Main courses, spaghettis and burgers. FYI: The café is having 50% off on the burgers, drinks such as the smoothies, milk shakes and the alcoholic beverages.

Here comes the Menu!


The Notorius B.I.G breakfast






(consists of two buttermilk pancake, two any styled egg, a sliced of grilled pork/beef ham, two pork/beef bacon strips, choice of potatoes, choice of breads)

Is a very simple menu, I can actually cook it at home myself, yet I was taken back on how deliciously special it was. The portion was epically humongous (very American sized) and even for a big guy myself I only could finish 80% of that dish. Every single bite was delicious; it was not too oily and tasty. A little bit of improvement could be done on the butter for the toast; I would love to have regular salted or unsalted butter to go with it.

The Platter Appetizer Sampler
(consist of traditional buffalo wings, fries, cheddar bites, and chicken tender)





All fried food in one plate (or should I say sinfully comfort food?) and it is the perfect dish to accompany those meandering chitchats or while watching that endearing match waiting for that goal. The cheddar bites were a little bit disappointing, I could barely taste the cheesiness on any bites and more variety of sauces would have been perfect for this dish.

Mac n Cheese

It only comes in Macaroni and cheese like the name but you can add chicken for extra 10K or beef for 15K. It was an ok dish for me as it was a tad too dry for my liking and I would ask for more cheese if do make a second comeback.




All in all I quite like the place, it has a decent American brunch and every plates were sure instagenic for pictures. I would still not going to acknowledge the place as a diner and more of a sports bar (or dive bar?) and I will sure keep in mind when my favorite match come up and in need of a place to hang out.





The Amerikana
Gold Coast Blok B no 12&15
Pantai Indah Kapuk
Jakarta Utara 14470

Ph                : 0811159887
Opening      : Sunday-Thursday  10.00 AM- 00.00 AM
                       Friday – Saturday 10.00 AM- 02.00 AM
IG                : @theamerikana

Follow my Instagram @whats_up_jakarta for more updates



No comments:

Post a Comment