Friday, April 8, 2016

We meet to eat - MEET & Eat Pantai Indah Kapuk




Whatsup!




Still wandering around at Pantai Indah Kapuk area after a filling brunch (see last two post) and inkling for some light meal over chitchats and I stumbled upon ‘Meet and Eat’ café. The café is located in the same row as ‘Cake-a-boo’ and the place will be hard to miss judging from the white modern walls and bright green signage.

Calling upon friends to ‘meet and eat’ (see what I did there?) the café seems the perfect place to rendezvous.




 reversed signage on the window


The interior oozes warmth and spaciousness, the white walls with light wood furniture and instagenic mural drawing is the perfect combination to bring in the young crowds. Murals are all over this café and they are really cute and brighten up the café. The first floor is for regular patrons and the second floor is more for private functions and events.










The menu is mostly western dishes but not to neglect the local flavors, Asian dishes such as oxtail soup and fried rice are available. I came in with the mindset to let this café surprised me and that was why I asked for recommendations and ordered most of the recommended menu.
Here was some of my favorite:


on the table


CHEESE BOMB (NON HALAL) – IDR 45K

This dish was vouched to be the best seller, I figured it was mozzarella cheese wrapped with deep-fried bacon, you can never go wrong with that combination yet I was wrong; it was just an ok for me. The cheese melted in your mouth with the savory of the bacon as you devour it but it lacks the wow factor for some reason and I can’t seem to pin point. Do enjoy it while it’s hot or else you will completely miss the why you ordered the dish in the first place; there won’t be no bomb in that cheese bomb.








Spicy Potato Wedges – IDR
This dish was not spiced on the potato wedges as it was promised in the name, the spice actually came from the side sauce of spicy mayo but even that sauce was lacking in spice. I was quite disappointed in this dish, it was just like any other regular potato wedges in any other cafes I have tasted.





NEW menu – Volcano Pasta – IDR 55K

You won’t find this dish on the menu but you sure can order directly with the waiter. It consisted of pasta of your choice (spaghetti or fettucini), bonito flakes, Katsuobushi (dried, fermented, smoked skipjack Tuna) and topped off with spicy deep fried chicken karaage that can be adjusted to your liking.
Be forewarned that when I ordered the spiciness to just mild that it actually burn-my-tongue spicy and it definitely kicked my taste bud. I was pleasantly surprise by how well seasoned this pasta was and actually enjoyed it. It was hot, savory, garlicky and the right kind of umami. One failed thing on this dish was the pasta was not cooked perfectly ,so it was a few minus points from me on an otherwise delightful dish.





Bonesless Crispy Chicken – IDR 75K

Despite the pricy price (do take a second look at how much this dish cost) this was my favorite dish on the menu. The chicken was grilled perfectly, tender and juice on every bite with the crispy and salty skin, accompanied by truffle sauce, perfection and I just melted to food paradise. The baby potato was the side dish and it was delicious. This dish will always make me come back for more.





 
The tummy quitted on me before I get to the dessert menu (I foresee second coming) and I just had to stop. I had an enjoyable dining experience despite the lack there of, with the décor, simple food and decenly priced food is definitely a good place to meet and eat (see what I did there again?) Do taste it for yourself.






MEET & EAT
 
Ruko Garden House Block B no 25
Bukit Golf Mediterania
Jalan raya Pantai Indah Kapuk, PIK
Jakarta Utara

Ph                : (+6221) 292 10197
IG                 : @meetandeat.id
Opening Hr : M- Sunday 11.00 AM-11.00 PM


Please follow @whats_up_jakarta for more recent updates.


No comments:

Post a Comment