Wednesday, January 4, 2017

GYPSY Bali - Canggu




Canggu is slowly growing on me; it is a quaint little village of surfer paradise and trendy boutiques and emerging lovely cafes and restaurants. Away from the crowd, the bustle and hustle of Seminyak, clandestine beach of Batu Bolong only the curious get to find.




Just as I arrived at Canggu, I found a cosy looking café called Gypsy Kitchen and Bar about 10 minutes walking away from the beach. Behind the café is a nice bed and breakfast place named Vassani Stay (@vassanistay), do check it out for your next stay. The café itself is owned by two Canadians who are actually the bar owner and the chef.








The open window that is also a bar area is so inviting and the place is gorgeously hip that it looks effortless. The ambience suits the name Gypsy, carefree, flighty and almost fun; the vintage colorful communal table, high tables and chairs and wanderlust hints scattered across the place. Not forgetting to mention that the staffs are friendly folks too.



Fruits on Fruits on Fruits – IDR 38k
The menu was highly recommended by the friendly staff for a hot and humid weather. It is made of sour sop, orange, strawberry and honey. Fresh fruits were used in the creation of the drink and it was refreshing and perfect for the sweaty me.



Avo on Toast – IDR 64k





The menu usually turns me off, mush avocado is a meh, nut and granolas with fruits gives me shudders and candied orange with cumin mayo as dressings confuses me. Yet I gave it a second look since it sounded fun on a plate and gave it a try and glad I did. Smashed avocado was fresh, poached egg made the plate creamy, the granola made it sweet and the mayo hit it to a higher note, I loved it!



Robin’s breakie – IDR 68k
This menu is actually the Chef’s favorite breakfast and it got me curious to order. The dish consisted of two eggs of any style (I ordered poached), roasted baby potatoes, sautéed mushrooms, crispy bacon, toast and granolas with fruits.




The dish was harmoniously delicious, the poached egg burst out nicely, the right amount of seasoning of the salty bacon and the sautéed mushrooms smells tastily while not forgetting the crispy yet soft on the inside of the baby potatoes. The sweet granolas with fruits round up the dish perfectly.


As always, I ended the beautiful sonnet of a breakfast with coffee, the Piccolo and it was good almost like a signing off of a beautiful masterpiece. Until next time Gypsy, I will be coming back for more.




Gypsy Kitchen and Bar
Jalan Pura Batu Mejan
Gang Munduk Catu no 1
Canggu, Kuta Utara
Bali

Ph    : +62 812 3067 0056
Hrs   : Mon- Sun 8am – 10pm
IG     : @gyspy_bali

Please follow @whats_up_jakarta for more updates

No comments:

Post a Comment