Shabu-shabu is making a comeback in a huge way, not only it is a healthier choice for the increasing health conscience people nowadays, it is also a better deal for your money with the ‘all you can eat styled buffet’.
Yasai is one of the famous shabu-shabu restaurant chains in Japan and it has been making its mark in recent years and the latest it is located at the recently opened PIK Avenue shopping mall. Yasai other branches are at AEON Mall and Tunjungan Plaza in Surabaya and I heard that there would be the 4th branch opening up soon in Lippo Puri Mall. I think Yasai is ready to compete and doing it in a big way. Yasai in Japan means ‘warm vegetable’ it goes together with the concept of the restaurant that its intention is to give the warmest welcome to patrons and to be easily accepted with warm hearts.
Being that I have been at Yasai in AEON Mall, I prefer the PIK Avenue branch as it has better lighting (better pictures for me), strategic location of the buffet stalls being in the middle and the tables surrounding it for the convenient distance to go back and forth while you eat and refill. With 90 minutes limit I think you have ample time to try all food available and still have the time to rest as you let the food digest a little and go on for more rounds.
Dining here is quite straight forward; you are given your individual hot pot with choices of five different soup broth ( Golden which is based on truffle, collagen chicken broth, dashi (fish broth), sukiyaki or spicy miso. There are also four different type of buffets:
- Chicken Buffet package IDR 98k adult/ IDR 68k Child&senior (chicken thigh + chicken breast + buffet corner + refillable drink + dessert) (lunch)
- Standard Beef Package IDR 158k adult/ IDR 98k Child&senior (standard AUS beef +shrimp + squid + chicken thigh + chicken breast + buffet corner + refillable drink + dessert)
- On Yasai Beef Package IDR 228k adult/ IDR 168k Child&senior
( On Yasai beef + standard beef
+shrimp + squid + chicken thigh + chicken breast + buffet corner + refillable drink + dessert)
- US Beef Package IDR 298k Adult/ IDR 198k Child&Senior ( Wagyu beef + on yasai beef + standard beef +selected beef +shrimp + squid + chicken thigh + chicken breast + buffet corner + refillable drink + dessert)
- Premium Wagyu Buffet IDR 398k Adult/ IDR 298k child&senior ( premium wagyu beef + Wagyu beef + on yasai beef + standard beef +selected beef +shrimp + squid + chicken thigh + chicken breast + buffet corner + refillable drink + dessert
If you want to go for the lowest priced and yet craves the premium package, worry not, Shabu on Yasai offers ala carte which is IDR 38k for AUS beef, IDR 58k for US beef or IDR 78k for wagyu beef (still a good deal)
I had the Premium Wagyu Buffet with the Spicy miso broth and personally prefer Shabu Gin’s Spicy Seafood better, what I did was I tried my friend’s Truffle based soup and loved it, this you have to try! Do not forget to try the fried rice which was super tasty.
I made used of the full 90 minutes (not forgetting the ice cream) and walked out of the restaurant, actually barely walking, more like dragging my full belly and a food coma. With a warmed heart I would gladly come back and feast.
|sptted the super star wagyu beef by some blogger|
Shabu Shabu On-Yasai
PIK Avenue Mall 1st floor
Pantai Indah Kapuk
IG ; @onyasai.id
Please follow @whats_up_jakarta for more updates